1. Senior Counsel/Counsel – Intellectual Property
- Mumbai, India
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment with one simple goal, to bring people joy. Our international efforts have brought Netflix’s service and award-winning Originals programming to viewers in over 190 countries. To bring joy to global audiences, we need truly global content that doesn’t always come from Hollywood. So for India, our content legal team is in search of an IP lawyer to handle a wide range of legal issues that arise from the creation and streaming of Netflix original shows and films in India.
In this position, working from Mumbai, you will be reporting to the Director- Intellectual Property, Litigation & Content Grievances (India) on topics a broad range of issues relating to IP in the film and television industry, including rights acquisition, copyright issues, chain-of-title clearances, title clearances and registration, production clearance of content, IP enforcement, IP claims defense, moral rights issues and defamation claims. This role will closely collaborate with several internal teams to help our Content team tell great stories.
As IP Counsel, your entertainment and media related experience and expertise enables you to work across any situation that may be encountered related to television or film production in India. You are not phased by the last minute surprises that inevitably arise while developing, shooting or marketing a film, series or documentary. You expertly navigate those situations while allowing your colleagues to fulfill their creative and business goals. You understand the dynamics among showrunners, executive producers, line producers, finance, post-production, marketing and creative, and know when and how to align the appropriate teams when IP issues arise. You are comfortable evaluating risk with imperfect information and have the confidence to make quick decisions. You have an expert eye for detail. You are passionate about the media and entertainment industry and Indian IP laws are excited to learn more about the business from a non-traditional perspective. Above all, you have an opinion and are willing to voice it.
The successful candidate will love working in an environment where curiosity, courage, passion, freedom and responsibility are mandates. That candidate will also thrive in a workplace that values thoughtful efficiency more than process, and innovation more than convention.
Some occasional travel may be required.
- 9+ years of working experience as an in-house lawyer in the Indian media and entertainment industry or as a counsel in a law firm specializing in the area of media and entertainment.
- Meticulous understanding of Media & Entertainment Laws, Intellectual Property laws, Civil and Criminal laws, Information Technology laws and Constitutional law.
- Production clearance experience for film and/or television series, including managing production personnel and negotiating and drafting legal documentation such as license agreements, no objection letters, release forms for a wide variety of production materials.
- Good knowledge of filmed entertainment and the production process.
- Seasoned experience with dealing in complex rights transactions for acquisition/license of book rights, underlying copyrightable works rights and content rights.
- Experience managing heavy workflow and cross vertical collaboration independently.
- Outstanding communication skills and a bias toward creative and innovative thinking.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment interacting with production houses, cross-functional departments and vendors.
- Highly collaborative and responds positively to pressure, change and new ideas. Curious and eager to tackle matters outside the area of expertise.
- A great leader who has had earlier experience of handling a high performing team.
- Sense of humor.
- Identify legal and IP related risks in our content and help our Content team navigate them.
- Collaborate with Content and Business & Legal Affairs teams to acquire and develop IP, then shepherd it through production and distribution.
- Collaborate with the Business & Legal Affairs teams for advising on complicated rights structuring in agreements.
- Analyze trademark clearances, including multi-jurisdiction searches in collaboration with the Trademark team.
- Manage IP and music related claims in the pre-litigation stage.
- Collaborate with Litigation, Public Policy and Regulatory teams for litigation and regulatory work that involves IP issues.
- Rapidly respond to production clearance issues and queries of the production houses and the creative team.
- Conduct chain of title review for complex rights acquisition and provide concise and pragmatic analysis.
- Negotiate and draft license agreements, release forms and no objection letters etc. for a wide variety of production materials.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Legal team to advise on IP-related issues in marketing and promotional content.
- Work on creating innovative workflows/projects between IP and other teams to drive more efficienciency.
Check advt at: https://jobs.netflix.com/jobs/86323778
2. Marketing Creative Producer – India
We are looking for a Marketing Creative Producer to lead creative innovation and production of best-in-class entertainment campaigns for India. This person will be joining our Creative Marketing Production team, a center-of-excellence for creative operations and production, working closely with Marketing & Communications groups at Netflix to connect our stories with millions of people worldwide.
With 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries, Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service and is powered by a work culture that’s focused on high performance and continuous improvement. This is a great opportunity to shape the future of how we enable the best execution on marketing campaigns, on both quality and scale, as we continue to grow our slate of local and global original, exclusive content.
In this role, you will partner with marketing leads on bringing the creative vision to life by focusing on how these ideas will be produced and implemented. You will create innovative connections between our content and consumers and manage the end-to-end production process of non-traditional marketing tactics. This means that you thrive in an environment that requires you to bridge strategic, creative and technical needs. You are a senior creative producer with a proven track record of bringing marketing campaigns to life across a variety of media, spaces, and canvases.
- Contribute to India’s Creative and Production needs, by driving creative marketing innovation, online and offline.
- Manage and own local creative and production agency relationships to maintain industry leading executions that help further our brand and connect new fans to Netflix Original and licensed titles.
- Lead, brief, plan and manage internal and external local integrated & short-form production communications and workflows, ensuring effective exchange of campaign information and asset delivery, whilst always managing expectations.
- Be a regional creative and production expert, driving workflow practices about best-in-market activations, in-market technical capabilities and cultural nuances back with global and international teams.
- Manage localisation, production process and creative approvals of advertising materials (including clearances, delivery, trafficking, etc.).
- Define, negotiate, communicate, implement and monitor technical quality standards and creative integrity on all project deliverables according to Netflix creative guidelines.
- Integrate closely with internal and external trafficking teams to ensure that all tracking is implemented correctly, efficiently, deadlines are met, and executions are flawless.
- Work closely with the global teams, supporting local implementation and customisation of global campaigns, leveraging global materials to deploy local marketing experiences and creative extensions.
- Work closely with the other regional teams, supporting local implementation of other regional campaigns, leveraging regional materials to deploy local marketing experiences and creative extensions.
- At least 10 years of experience, preferably at an entertainment brand, advertising or creative content agency with an emphasis on integrated production including online and offline video, high impact display takeovers, rich media, D/OOH, on-ground event activations, digital marketing and paid social campaigns.
- Expert knowledge of marketing campaign and localisation workflows, including understanding the creative and production process for both Video, Digital and Print materials.
- Ability to translate creative ideas through to technical and native executions, for various ad serving platforms and proprietary publisher platforms.
- High competency and proven track record of building high performance digital marketing experiences across display, social, mobile and online video channels.
- Ability to manage a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel, with diverse geographically dispersed teams, across India. Global experience is a bonus.
- Knowledgeable of and familiar with leading creative and production agencies in India.
- Advanced bilingualism in English and hindi is essential.
- See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
- You are passionate and curious about all aspects of digital marketing and paid social creative.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment and leadership in the face of ambiguity.
- You are always-solving and forever curious.
- You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
- You are a multi-tasker, with clear time management and prioritization skills.
Advertisement link: https://jobs.netflix.com/jobs/79367004
3. Production Safety Coordinator
Netflix’s Production Safety team is hiring and this is your chance to be a part of a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions! Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
With our increasing slate of Netflix original shows and movies, it’s a great time to join Netflix in India. In particular, we are looking for a Production Safety Coordinator who will support our health & safety team across series, features and studio facilities. Reporting into the Manager of
Studio Safety, this role partners closely with Security, Legal, Risk Management, and Physical Production teams. This role will be based out of our Netflix office in Mumbai.
- Support the Production Safety team in the management of the overall health and safety program
- Coordinate team meetings and deliveries
- Manage, track and assist in updating all health & safety (H&S) documents
- Manage the Production Safety team’s Prodicle pages (online documents depositary site)
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with executives, department leads and staff, outside vendors and delivers results based on their needs
- Coordinate events that support the Production Safety team (ie. syncs, training sessions, outreach, etc.)
- Provide health & safety consulting services to select productions, as directed, including:
- Assist in evaluating production concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks
- Attend production technical scouts and production meetings
- Assist in recommending and implementing corrective actions to assist productions
- Assist in investigating production emergencies, incidents and accidents
- Coordinate production employee health & safety training
- Assist in the evaluation of production sets, stages and locations for safety issues
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies
- 3+ years of experience in a health and safety environment
- Degree/ post-graduation /master’s degree in health and safety or any degree with recognized advanced level health and safety courses e.g., NEBOSH International
- General Certificate or equivalent, Diploma in Health &Safety, etc.
- Team player with an ability to supervise several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Great communicator who can build strong working relationships with internal and external partners and vendors
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production safety issues and emerging trends
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Experience of delivering H&S training to the small-large groups
- Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
- Knowledge of applicable act / regulation, regional and local health & safety and environmental regulations, and an understanding of globally analogous regulations
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel
- Good understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc. a plus
Advertisement notification link: https://jobs.netflix.com/jobs/77662198
4. Art & Print Producer – India
It’s an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. We are bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content. Creative Marketing Production (CMP) at Netflix is focused on developing and delivering high-impact creative campaigns at speed and scale, to create public joy.
We are globally connected and locally empowered teams located in all our international offices.
Based out of our Mumbai office and reporting to the Manager of Marketing Production Operations, you will serve as the go-to partner and key point-of-contact to all internal stakeholders, facilitating alignment between global and local internal teams dedicated to post-production, creative, production, localisation, strategy, media, marketing, publicity and social.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing our end-to-end process of all artwork, static- and image-based print-related aspects of all our Netflix Original Title Campaigns, partnering with various internal cross-functional teams. This means that you are a nimble, entrepreneurial production & project management expert. You thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires you to bridge and manage competing priorities amongst global, regional and local cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develop and prepare production specification plans from media schedules with limited guidance.
- Drive and manage all aspects of static- / image-based print-related production work, including colour management, creating production-ready finished art / mechanicals, proof reviews, localization, resizes and everything in between.
- Create and modify finished artwork files / mechanicals for a variety of static- / image-based / print-related production needs (digital static images, OOH, or custom wraps) for regional marketing campaigns.
- Oversee retouching, proof reviews and campaign releases to ensure high-quality standards are maintained.
- Provide guidance and best-practices on finished artwork files for internal or external partners.
- Own day-to-day communications on static- / image-based print-related production workflows and asset production.
- Support the broader Marketing Operations team by consulting and giving context through a print-based / image-based creative and production lens.
- 8+ years Print Production / Digital-Imaging experience at a creative, production agency or similar environment.
- Advance fluency in colour theory, management and regional ICC profiling practices.
- Advance fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat.
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing campaign workflows, including translating media plans and delivery standards.
- Fluent in digital formats and best practices, know your PPI from your LPI.
- Fluent in print-based formats while understanding the fundamentals of assets management, servicing and trafficking.
- Expert knowledge of the trends and limitations of the evolving Asia Pacific print-based marketing ecosystem, including exposure to/experience with publishers and distribution networks.
- Experience managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel, while working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience in retouching, masking, colour correction is preferrable.
- Strong design, layout and finished artwork skills are advantageous.
- CMP or similar certification is favourable.
- Fluency in English required.
- Please provide an online portfolio where applicable.
- See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
- You are passionate and curious about all aspects of digital marketing creative and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You are a natural team leader, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate creative production and trafficking workflow that all will rally around.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
- You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!