With the increase in foreign education trips, many travel insurance agencies offer student travel insurance to protect your finances in case an unforeseen circumstance arises.
Studying abroad opens up a new horizon of opportunities and prospects for students. The chance to explore a new place, meet new people, learn new things, and exchange cultures- it is all pretty exciting! Nevertheless, it is necessary to take preventative measures while moving to a foreign country for education. Along with self-awareness, it is necessary to have student travel insurance to add a layer of protection to your trip. Most insurance companies have comprehensive insurance for students that allow safe and risk-free educational tourism across most countries. However, it is crucial for you to understand what are the prime covers associated with such insurance and which one is the right one for you.
Confused? Don’t worry. In this blog, we will elucidate some of the common aspects of student travel insurance and how they will be helpful for you. Read on to find out all about how you can keep your trip hassle-free!
Why Take Student Travel Insurance.
Planning to study abroad? Only the deserving candidates get the golden opportunity of studying in highly reputed foreign universities. However, the expenses associated with these educational tours are exorbitant. Considering the currency exchange rate and inflation in education as well as the health sector, each year studying in a foreign country can cost you lakhs of rupees, despite sponsorships. Nevertheless, it is not a smart call to let go of such a priceless opportunity. This is where student travel insurance steps in.
Student travel insurance covers numerous losses, travel, tuition fees, etc, incurred during your trip to a foreign country for educational purposes. In recent days, with the increase in foreign education trips, many travel insurance agencies offer student travel insurance to protect your finances in case an unforeseen circumstance arises. When you buy insurance for student travel, you will be free from the burden of paying off a long list of uncalled or unpredicted expenses. This will make it much easier for you to focus on your studies rather than worrying about the bills. Sounds convenient, right?
What Does it Cover
Student travel insurance is specifically designed for students travelling abroad for educational purposes. This insurance has a lot to offer in terms of traveling and the health of the student. Let’s take a look at the basic offerings of this travel insurance.
• Accidental injury during the trip
• Acute anesthetic dental treatment due to an injury
• Emergency expenses for medical evacuation to India
• Total loss of your checked-in baggage by a common carrier (partial loss not included)
• Cost of obtaining a fresh or duplicate passport in case of a lost passport
• If the sponsor paying your fee passes away due to an injury, reimbursement of the tuition fee.
• Emergency medical expenses incurred by you in the foreign country, for any sudden illness, injury or death
• Reimbursement of paid current semester fee, if your education is interrupted due to a medical condition
• Compensation for death or permanent disability due to an accident, while riding as a passenger in a common carrier
• Reimbursement of return ticket fare for a family member visiting if the insured is hospitalized for more than 7 days
• Expenses incurred while transporting the insured’s mortal remains back home or towards burial abroad in case of an untimely demise
• Payment of bail amount to the appropriate authority, if you’re arrested or detained in the foreign country by any judicial authorities for a bailable offense.
Student travel insurance is truly a boon for people pursuing their education in foreign countries. Make sure to get your educational trip insured and keep your focus on learning!